Foundation Certifications Submit Online
Home        Home
Call us at 817-585-2585
Mobile Home HUD Certification Nationwide Inspector Network Refi's and Reverse Mortgages FHA & VA Loan Compliance Professional Engineers Get Final Loan Approval Fastest Turnaround Times

Mobile Home Foundation Certifications
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

Below are some answers to frequently asked questions for our FHA, HUD, and VA manufactured home foundation engineering certifications and inspections. If you can not find you answer here, please also go to our Glossary of Terms and Definitions page.

What is most often required when buying a manufactured home with an FHA-insured loan?

There are two types of FHA-insured loans available to purchase a manufactured home.
A Title I loan for a manufactured home requires one of the following:
  • A certification label attached to the home, or
  • A label verification letter. Obtain a label verification letter by visiting the website of the HUD-approved contractor, the Institute for Building Technology and Safety (IBTS), or at (703) 481-2010.
Title II insures mortgages on qualifying manufactured homes sold with land and meeting other requirements including all of the following:
  • A certification label or label verification letter.
  • The placement of the home on a permanent foundation that complies with the Permanent Foundations Guide for Manufactured Housing (PFGMH).
  • A certification from a licensed professional engineer (like our engineers at Foundation Certifications) verifying compliance with the PFGMH.
Note: You may wish to consult with private lending institutions to see if additional financial options are available to you.      ^ top

Other Related Questions

Home | Services | About Us | Contact Us | Site Usage and Terms & Conditions | Inspector Login | Sitemap

Copyright © 2021
In North Carolina, all projects are performed by Harrison Engineering Services PLLC our affiliated company.
In Montana, all projects are performed by Harrison Engineering Services our affiliated company.

Member of ASCE FHA HUD Member of SEI